As a designer, we get lots of ideas for designing they can be the best or they can worst, but how we can know without examining them in reality. Now that’s where prototyping tools are the big relief to our community of digital designers.
What are Prototyping Tools for Designers?
In simple terms prototyping tools allow designers to experience how their project will work when it will get completed. They let you simulate how the application flow, test their performance and create a great user experience for applications and websites without writing even a single line of code.
There are different types of prototypes tools or ux design tools open source available with different goals and users, means the similar prototyping tool would not work every time. To craft prototypes, designers use lots of prototyping tools, both simple and advanced depending on the situation.
How to Prefer Best Prototyping Tools that Suit Your Needs?
Having a long list of prototyping tools, considering a right one is not an easy task. But getting hand over a right tool is the key to better explain your ideas and collaborate with your customers.
In order to pick a right tool from the variety of online prototyping tools for designing, here are few factors that will assist you in your research.
- Adaptation: Always choose a tool that you can easily analyze and adapt. As all tools are different from each other and provide various features, it would consume a lot of time for the designer to learn the tool.
- Sharing: As we know, teamwork is essential for a great design work, so check your tool is suitable for collaboration to be in sync with other members of your team. Since every designer has their own views so it’s matter to be on same page with others.
- Usage: When selecting a prototyping tool, always check how well it fits with your design process and other tools you regularly use. For example, is your prototyping tool able to directly use the files produced by other apps such as photoshop, without requiring you to export resources separately.
- Easiness of Use and Comfort: The ease of use in using the prototyping tool is essential for the designer to save time and help increase output. It should reduce the number of steps required for a designer to complete a task rather than increasing it.
- Price: There are many prototyping tools out there, many of which with niche features. But there is a catch with these tools, that they do not fit our budget. And hence, we should be careful while choosing tools and not be blinded by the features.
Now, let’s go through the top 10 prototyping tools for designers…
1. Marvelapp — Turn anything into interactive prototypes
Marvel is a browser-based prototyping tool which simplifies the process up to a great extent. Once you sign up for Marvel account, you get dropped into the interface and can create your first prototype. You can easily upload your image files to Marvel and can add gestures and transitions. This platform supports direct uploading of particular image types such as JPG, GIF, and PSD apart from third-party uploading through Dropbox, Sketch, Google drive, etc.
2. InVision — Powerful design prototyping tools
InVision is one of the most popular from prototyping tools in the world as its team adds new features constantly and helps designers to create prototype more efficiently and easily. Smooth Management of project feedback is one of the best features of this tool. Clients and design teams can easily give their feedback directly on the prototype.
3. Justinmind — Prototyping Tool for web and mobile apps
Another great prototyping tools Justinmind, allows you to create attractive simulations of your web and mobile apps. Using this tool, you can include your corporate identity elements in your prototypes instantly, dispatch them to HTML for online presentation and automatically generate specification documentation in a Microsoft Word document in an easy way without having any programming knowledge and editing a single line of code.
4. Flinto — The App Design Apps
Flinto comes in two versions — as an iOS app and a web app. The best thing for this selected tool for prototyping tools is that designers can build both simple click-throughs and complex interactive prototypes without any programming skills required. You can reuse transitions, control all layers, and vary complexity. The app uses a simple drag-and-drop system for prototyping.
5. Proto.io — Prototypes that feel real
Mature and feature-rich, Proto.io is best used by designers looking to create high-fidelity and highly-animated prototypes in the browser. This prototyping tools software allows you to change your static designs into appealing prototypes for mobile apps and web … in a few minutes, literally. You can either upload your files directly from Dropbox or drag-and-drop files manually.
6. Origami.Design — Design Prototyping
Origami is Facebook’s design app. Like other prototyping tools this tool also offers numerous useful features for interactive prototyping which includes an extensive documentation library complete with forums, sketch, and photoshop. Using this tool, you can test out your interactive mobile prototypes easily on an iOS device with the companion app, Origami Live.
7. Axure — Design the right solution
Axure, one from Prototyping tools for professional designers — you need to have some coding skills to blend in. However, once mastered, you will be able to create advanced interactive prototypes, click-through wireframes, customer journey maps and user flows. However, it is more one of the website prototyping tools, as building applications for mobile will be too complicated and long-lasting.
8. Fluid — Create Web and Mobile Prototypes in Minutes
With a strong focus on simplicity and communication, Fluid UI great Prototyping tools. Having built-in high and low fidelity component libraries, live team collaboration, device previews and video presentations making it a top-notch solution for designers, product managers and founders alike.
9. Prottapp — Prototyping tool for Web iOS Android apps
Prottapp is another competitive prototyping tools solution for web and mobile prototyping. This feature-rich and versatile prototyping tool allows you to create a number of prototyping styles such as UI mockups, screen navigation, desktop software prototypes, website layouts and interactive wireframes.
10. Prototypr.io — The best UX Prototyping Tools for mobile and desktop app design
Prototypr.io is another one great choice for prototyping tools. Website where you can also read design industries related blogs.
More Prototyping Tools and Compairson
There are so many prototyping tools available, we might left few popular prototyping tools on this list but hope you will like and find our listing of prototyping tools useful.
Orginal Source: blog.prototypr.io